A PLEA FOR MERCY

My heart is as heavy as the sea waves that rolls out with a strong wind.
The same people I took an oath to protect from the evils in society, turned against me,
abused and refused to heed to my plea for mercy. 

I feel nothing but rage when i think of the pain and torture. 
They compromised justice but never tampered it with mercy

when I waited for a new dawn and yawned in sigh of relief and thanksgiving
 for a new opportunity given me to serve my people

I was bathed in the morning dew with my own blood. 
They shattered my dreams and aspirations and built a permanent bridge between me and my loved ones.




A poem in honor of an Officer Captain Maxwell Adam Mahama of 5th Infantry Battallion of the Ghana Army who was lynched by some villagers in the Central region when he was on a mission there.
Rest in peace Captain Mahama.

Comments

Post a Comment

knowledge shared is power.
Your comments are appreciated.

Popular Posts