I am living not surviving


I am living not surviving
                                                                                   
The difference between "I have a dream" and " I had a dream" is living it.
I am living my dreams...
I don’t need a microphone to announce my dreams to society.
Neither do I need a platform, to perform, what will conform to my legacy...
I grew up behind the walls of time, when television was still black and white,
I entertained my fears, defied all odds and lifted the veil of hope for a new day.

All of a sudden; loved ones became enemies because they couldn’t see any reason why I should excel in life. And their anger towards me was strong as the sea waves.
True friendship became a thing of the past and was thrown out of the window like a widow who has lost her shadow.
The people I called my own neglected me.
I was used, abused, refused and when I started gaining knowledge, they confused me. I became a broken GPS, and the map that lead to my true identity was lost.

Family became strangers; who rejected me when I needed them the most.
Even my own shadow, also left me in my darkest hour.

Role models became a road sign with a compulsory roundabout; where I had no option than to run helter-skelter without a shelter.

It was as if I was in the battle field where not only the strongest survives but those with a fearless heart.

You oppress the poor, suppress the weak, harass the meek and you depress my desire to aspire before I expire.
The tears I shed today is a testament of the blood that boils in me; yearning for emancipation.
You may not see my tears; because I like walking alone; in the rain; with my pain; which will never be in vain.
I lived in solitude from sin just like a priest; but society made me a beast
The storage card that contained the morals my mum taught me was encrypted so I changed my behavior because I had lost my savior. 
No one was there to hold my hands so I kept them in my pocket and moved on.
I lost my companion because my opinion was different; and like an onion, I became irritating to their eyes.
No one understands what I feel, I won’t explain, don’t complain. 

I have not lost my faith; but it’s hard for me to pray because I don’t know what to say. And I don’t know where to start.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 told to pray without ceasing for the season to pass me by.
But I prayed for strength; to accept the things I cannot change, wisdom to know the difference and courage to choose;
God opened the eyes of my heart, and I saw the beauty of His Holiness in His tabernacle without a spectacle.

With persistence in prayer, enemies had no existence, because they were conquered and washed to the shores of the sea.
The engine of unity was ignited, and the bond became stronger that even a two edged sword, could not divide the family whose identity was prohibited.
And friendship that was dead, like a plant; sprouted and grew beyond expectation.
God is able, He has given me a label so I am living, not surviving...but striving.
Because I owe it as a duty, to the unborn generation to leave a legacy before I exit the face of the earth.                                                                                     Joseph Selasi keteku [Dynamic Poet]
Am living, not surviving...but striving

Comments

Popular Posts